Si no está familiarizado(a) con el Mercado de Seguros de Salud (Marketplace®), comuníquese con Quality Insights para recibir asistencia GRATIS. Nuestro personal capacitado lo guiará paso a paso a lo largo del proceso de inscripción:
1. Create a Marketplace account
- Enter basic information like your name, address, and email create account here
2. Gather Information
- Find out who to include in your household by counting yourself, your spouse if you're married, plus everyone you'll claim as a tax dependent, including those who don’t need coverage. Learn more here
- Estimate your expected household income for 2022 by using your household’s adjusted gross incomeand update it for expected changes in the upcoming year (2022). Learn more here or use the Income Calculator
- Use a checklist to make sure you have your information readily available Checklist
3. Submit an Application
- You will receive eligibility results right away. This will inform you if you qualify for free or low cost coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) or if you qualify for a Marketplace health insurance plan. You will also learn if you are eligible to save money by qualifying for tax credits or lower copayments, coinsurance and deductibles.
4. Enroll in a Health Care Plan
- Compare health care plans and prices available to you based on where you live in Delaware. Then select the one that meets your needs and is the most affordable.
- Plans are categorized into 4 ‘metal’ categories: bronze, silver, gold and platinum
- Your total costs for health care are based on a monthly fee, called a premium, and out-of-pocket expenses called co-payments and deductibles
- Some plans allow you to use almost any doctor of health care facility, but others limit your choices or charge you more if you use providers outside the plan’s network.
- Dental coverage is also available. Some health plans include dental coverage or you may enroll in a separate, stand-alone dental plan.
5. Pay Your Premium
- Coverage cannot start until you pay your first month’s premium. This is paid directly to the health insurance company you selected, not to the Marketplace. You must continue to pay monthly premiums on time or the insurance company could end your coverage.
- Log in to your Marketplace account.
- Choose your application under “Your Existing Applications”
- Click the blue button “Pay Your First Health Insurance Monthly Premium”
- If online payment is available, choose the green button “Pay for Health Plan Now”. This will take you to your insurance company’s website so you can pay.
- If your health insurance company does not accept online payment, they will contact you with next steps or you can reach out to them to receive details on how to pay.
6. Check to Ensure Your Health Insurance is Active
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Select your completed application under "Your Existing Applications."
- Click on "My Plans & Programs" to see which plan(s) you're enrolled in and a summary of your coverage.
- If you don't see your summary or still aren't sure you finished enrollment, call your insurance company. They can confirm if you enrolled and paid your first premium.
If you’re RETURNING to the Health Insurance Marketplace®, contact Quality Insights to receive FREE assistance. Trained staff will help you renew or change your health plan for 2022.
If you had Marketplace health insurance in 2021, you can renew or change your plan for 2022. Log into your Marketplace account and update your information by December 15, 2021 if you want your new coverage to begin on January 1, 2022 for the full calendar year.
You should have received two re-enrollment letters - one from your 2021 insurance company and one from the Health Insurance Marketplace. The letter from your insurance company will tell you if you will be automatically enrolled in the plan you had in 2021.
Even if you are automatically enrolled, we strongly recommend that you log into your Marketplace account before December 15 to see if there is a 2022 plan that is better and more affordable for you. You will learn this by updating your application with your 2022 expected income and household information.
The final deadline to enroll in coverage for 2022 is January 15, 2022. If you enroll between December 16, 2021 and January 15, 2022, your coverage will begin on February 1, 2022.
Call Quality Insights NOW at 1-844-238-1189 for FREE assistance!