Key Enrollment Dates
OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD
The Marketplace “open enrollment period” for 2023 coverage is November 1, 2022 through January 15, 2023. Applications must be submitted by December 15, 2022 for coverage to begin on January 1, 2023. An application can be submitted between December 16, 2022 through January 15, 2023 for coverage to begin on February 1, 2023. If you do not submit an application by January 15, 2023, you may still be able to obtain coverage for 2023, but you must have a “qualifying life event” (see list below). It doesn’t cost anything to apply and only takes a few minutes. Let Quality Insights trained, certified staff help you for FREE! Call now at 1-844-238-1189.
Special Enrollment Period
Begins January 16, 2023
You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if one of these situations occurs:
- Loss of Qualifying Health Coverage or Minimum Essential Coverage
- Did you lose health coverage after January 1, 2021?
- Change in household size
- Did you get married, have a baby or adopt or foster a child, gained or became a dependent, or get divorced or legally separated and lost health insurance since January 1, 2023?
- Change in primary place of living
- Did you change your primary place of living since January 1, 2023?
- Change in income or help paying for coverage
- Did you have a change in income that makes you newly eligible or newly ineligible for premium subsidies or cost-sharing subsidies since January 1, 2023?
- Other situations
- Were you denied Medicaid or CHIP coverage since January 1, 2023?
- Did you gain citizenship or lawful presence in the US since January 1, 2023?
- Were you released from incarceration (detention, jail or prison) since January 1, 2023?
- Did your employer offer to help with the cost of coverage through an individual Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) or Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (QSEHRA) since January 1, 2023?
- Did you become a member of a federally recognized tribe or an Alaska Native corporation shareholder since January 1, 2023?
- Was there an error with your 2023 enrollment or plan?